- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
You can customize a dynaBOARD Server instance if you want. This guide describes the available options to you.
The following information is a work-in-progress. It will be updated from time to time when new customization options become available.
|Table of Contents|
You can create your own css template in order to change colors, font sizes, etc. dynaBOARD is based on the Bootstrap 3 framework, so this css set will always be loaded first. The custom css can then overwrite existing declarations.
To create your own template, proceed as follows:
- On your server (or locally in your IDE), create a copy of the folder /public/css/default, e.g. /public/css/my_template. Use standard file naming conventions, e.g. only use characters and numbers, underscore as divider.
- In your dynaBOARD database, look for the table dbd_templates. Insert the following:
- tpl_id: leave blank for auto-increment
- tpl_name: a name for the template, will appear in settings of the admin area
- tpl_dir: the directory name from step 1 (without the "/public/css/"-part)
- Log into dynaBOARD with your admin account, go to System Settings => Settings => Template and select your new template. Save.
- Edit the new template in your preferred IDE. Upload and try it out.
Custom Language Files
You may customize the language translation files if you want. For example, if you want to change the base English translations, copy the following file:
The custom folder needs to be created. Make sure PHP has access to these folders (rights).
In your custom file, you do only need to leave the language variables you want to change. Delete the rest. The standard language file is always loaded first, and the custom as second. This means the custom file only overwrites the variables it contains, not replaces the standard one completely. This also saves on computing power, so only leave the changed variables in your custom language file.
Be advised: this currently only works for the language files directly below the language named folder. It does not work for email and reports subfolders (though we might to integrate it in the future. The files you create in the custom folder will not be touched by updates for dynaBOARD.
Important: the lang.base.inc-file contains language-specific formatting strings, e.g. for dates and numbers formatting. Make sure you know how to customize them (see PHP manual for details) before making any changes.