- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
|Table of Contents|
Here you can set up your connection to JIRA and other integrations.
- Partner name: your company or partner name (depending on server or cloud version)
- Portal name: you can enter your desired portal name, which will appear both in the header of the page, as well as in the title meta tag (so the browser tab will show this too as title). Be advised, though, that the browser tab will still show "dynaBOARD" on the login page.
- Logo (header): you can change your logo here, which will be displayed at the top left of the header. Maximum dimensions are 48 x 48 pixels, maximum file size is 100kb, format must be gif, png or jpg. We recommend a png with transparent background. If you need to reset to default logo, click on Reset default.
Here you can set up the JIRA connection. If you are using dynaBOARD Cloud, this will already be preconfigured, and cannot be changed. Using dynaBOARD Server you have the following options:
- Name: choose name for this connection (helpful if you are using multiple JIRA instances)
- URL: the base url to JIRA, in the format https://sub.domain.tld:port (no path, port only if required). You are required to use SSL (https) as protocol.
- Authentication type: please choose User authentication (OAuth will be available in a later release)
- Username: the name of the user in JIRA you want to use for dynaBOARD.
- Password: the password of the user
Please save before trying the connection. To do this, just click on Resync API.
This synchronizes general information about JIRA (e.g. issue types, issue status, etc.), and should be used after making changes to JIRA in general. This process is also done once a day through the cron job.
Webhooks allows JIRA to send information about specific events to dynaBOARD. It is advisable to turn this feature on. For example, this allows you to use more features in dynaBOARD, like sending notifications to customer users by email once a reply comment has been posted in JIRA.
Webhooks in JIRA
Activate this feature to use webhooks.
Here you can see the installed webhooks, and check if dynaBOARD webhook is also installed. Be advised: dynaBOARD can only get webhooks information with an admin user (i.e. the user you use for api access to dynaBOARD must be in the JIRA administrators group).
You have two options for setting up webhooks:
- You can let dynaBOARD create the webhooks for you automatically. For this you need to give the api user, which you use in JIRA for dynaBOARD access, admin rights (add to group JIRA administrators). You can remove it again after the setup is complete. To use the auto setup, just click on the button Auto-create Webhooks
- You can set up the webhooks yourself in JIRA. Follow this guide to do this. All the webhook information you need to put into JIRA is on the webhooks page in dynaBOARD.
Here you can see your current license with dynaBOARD.
- Product: the name of your product
- Customers: the number of customers you can create with your license
- Users / Customer: the number of users per customer you can create with your license